2.07.2008

Phoenix To Run On Diesel Fuel?


So apparently, my favorite NBA team has traded for my least favorite NBA player.

This doesn’t make a lot of sense to me—the Suns are a fast-paced, athletic, run and gun team while Shaq is slow, plodding and injury-prone.

That being said, the Suns’ major weakness has always been interior defense, and if Shaq can dedicate himself to being primarily a defender who is the third or fourth option on offense, this just might work out.

As far as me not liking him, well, now that he’s older and broken down, I kinda feel sorry for him, and if he turns out to be a team player who helps bring the Suns a championship…

4 comments:

Anonymous 2/8/08, 12:38 PM  

You spelled diesel wrong. Shame on you.

Luke Dockery 2/8/08, 1:21 PM  

Anon,

How embarrassing. Corrections have been made.

Jethro 2/9/08, 12:50 PM  

Luke, I didn't know your favorite team was the Suns. I don't follow professional basketball (or college except in March) very much, but the Suns are my favorite as well. Mainly because of traveling there, but I am glad we have the same favorite. Hopefully Shaq will help them out.

Luke Dockery 2/11/08, 9:37 AM  

Whit,

Really, I'm just a bandwagon fan. I liked them back in the early-mid 90s when they had Charles Barkley, but I really started liking them (along with 3/4 of their fans) when Steve Nash started playing for them and revolutionizing point guard play.

I would be really happy for him if he could win a championship, even if it takes Shaq's help to do it.

The Doc File © 2006-2012 by Luke Dockery

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP